1) What language was the New Testament originally written in?
2) When was the New Testament written?
Between 20 and 30 A.D.
Between 30 and 50 A.D.
Between 50 and 120 A.D.
Between 120 and 240 A.D.
3) Which new Testament books are called the "Gospels?"
Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, and Colossians
Acts, Romans, and Revelation
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Revelation
4) Jesus is the central character of the New Testament. What do Christians believe about Jesus?
Jesus was the last and most authoritative of the Hebrew prophets.
Jesus is an angel that God sent to earth.
Jesus is the Son of God.
Jesus is the successor to the God of the Old Testament.
5) What does "Christ" mean
6) What religion did Jesus practice?
7) Which of these was at the heart of Jesus' teachings?
The restoration of the glory of the nation of Israel
The coming of the kingdom of God
The final defeat of the Roman Empire
The establishment of the Christian Church
8) What did Jesus say were the two great Commandments that should guide our lives?
You shall not murder and you shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
You shall not bow down before any idol, and you shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy, and you shall have no other gods before me.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself.
9) How did Jesus die?
He was crucified by the Jews.
He was crucified by the Romans.
He was crucified by the Pharisees.
He was mortally wounded by Satan.
10) What was unusual about Jesus' death?
His spirit was seen to leave His body at the moment of death.
He was resurrected to life again three days later.
He was carried up to heaven in a chariot of fire.
His body disappeared at the moment of death.
11) Who were the apostles?
The six most important disciples of Jesus
The twelve most important disciples of Jesus.
The chiefs of the twelve tribes of Israel
The six angels from the Book of Revelation.
12) Which of these men wore clothing made of camel's hair, and ate locusts and wild honey.
John the Baptist
13) Which of these men was a tax collector before becoming Jesus' disciple?
14) Which of these men denied knowing Jesus three times before the cock crowed?
15) Which of these men encountered Jesus for the first time while on the road to Damascus?